Plus size clothing pricing infuriates me. You use just as much extra fabric to go from, a size 16 to a size 20 pant as you do to go from a 0 to 4. So why not add to the price as the size increases through all sizes, why start at a size 18 or 20? It’s a fucking fat tax. The fact…
No, your logic doesn’t work if they don’t have to entirely remake all samples to go from a size 0 to a size 16, why do they have to to go from a 16 to a 20. And when multiple companies and designers have came out saying they won’t even attempt to make a plus line because they don’t want fat people wearing their clothing, it really has nothing to do with the ” extra effort” it takes to extend the sizing. It’s not about me needing to lose weight to fit into the clothing it’s about them needing to not expect us to pay twice as much for the clothing. Just as some skinny people sometimes can’t find clothes to fit them because not all stores carry size 0 or 00 the answer is not to just tell them to gain weight. You need to provide reasonable options for all bodies.
Actually they do have to remake all the samples, but they sell more of these units. Also, the amount of fabric required to make the next size up is logarithmic, not linear. Going from a 0 to a 4 takes 60 cubic inches of fabric, but going from a 16 to a 20 takes 136 cubic inches of fabric, or more than twice as much. The relation grows as the sizes get further and further up. Look it up.
Again, the clothing industry is concerned with money, not fat people. I don’t know what about this is so hard to grasp.
Nothing you say is going to change my opinion. It’s just fact, it’s clearly discrimination. I really don’t give a fuck about the reasoning.
So basically, ‘facts don’t real, only feels real’.
I just gave perfectly logical reasoning why it is not discrimination. Now please, because i’m curious—how exactly is selling a less popular and more expensive to produce product for more discrimination? If my size 20 shoes cost four times as much, is that discrimination too? Not everything you dislike is discrimination. Deal with it.
No I don’t have to explain anything to you. You clearly are never going to see my point, and I don’t care if you do or not, it’s not worth my time.
So basically ‘because feels’.
I was actually legitimately curious as to what way this was discrimination. It’s not like they’re saying ‘fat people can’t shop in my store’. They’re just producing what sells.
Actually to be technical, they do basically say fat people cannot shop in our stores. My post was being specific about old navy, old navy only sales plus size online only. And yes ”because feels ” is my fucking answer.
- dietcokeabuse likes this
- ivoryleaf likes this
- punkukulele likes this
- littlemiss-eat-a-lot likes this
- grannyp0rn likes this
- awitheredpastandablurryfuture likes this
- wellthatznice likes this
- imthelobster reblogged this from harrypolarbearpotter
- harrypolarbearpotter reblogged this from hope-guides-me
- hope-guides-me reblogged this from enkeli
- a-big-apple likes this
- enkeli reblogged this from thinkmilly
- enkeli likes this
- thinkmilly reblogged this from sweetfatty
- thebooknerd14 likes this
- pkgsrhvdnaljbljvjlbd likes this
- thewritingfortress reblogged this from wtfisthinprivilege and added:
- caliblond11 reblogged this from wtfisthinprivilege
- caliblond11 likes this
- wtfisthinprivilege reblogged this from ohsocialjustice
- i-say-yuhh reblogged this from ohsocialjustice
- squidsqueen likes this
- unicornpuddingfight likes this
- fart-nuts likes this
- reychull reblogged this from overweightfeelingreat
- overweightfeelingreat reblogged this from sweetfatty
- theredrepresentative reblogged this from sweetfatty and added:
- gebreken likes this
- afrofatminist likes this
- hypocriticalsjws reblogged this from sweetfatty and added:
- moromisia reblogged this from sweetfatty and added:
- sweetfatty reblogged this from moromisia and added:
- swingandabyss likes this
- boophoria reblogged this from aliewa
- tacotop reblogged this from factualwiley
- angelzehanpuryu reblogged this from aliewa
- angelzehanpuryu likes this
- universe-boots likes this
- dead-interns likes this
- darling-loves-to-blame likes this
- presidentobarna reblogged this from factualwiley and added:
- aliewa reblogged this from factualwiley and added:
- factualwiley reblogged this from sweetfatty and added:
- big-fish-little-fish likes this
- justthestupidparts reblogged this from sweetfatty and added:
- anonymouslayabout reblogged this from sweetfatty and added:
- theweightgames reblogged this from anonymouslayabout and added:
- mintygreenelephant likes this
- mintygreenelephant reblogged this from sweetfatty